ID 68931 (Group V)
1. JEREMIAH PIERCE is thought to have been born in 1710 in Essex County, Virginia. (This is an unverified entry.)
2. ISAAC PIERCE was the only known child of Jeremiah Pierce and Elizabeth. He was born in Caroline County, Virginia after 1735. He was living in Orange County, Virginia on July 27, 1783 when he and his wife ANN deeded 100 acres of land to their son FRANCIS PIERCE. It is believed that he died in Orange
County prior to 1791?
3. FRANCIS PIERCE (Aug. 1760-Feb. 22, 1853) married about 1782 ELIZABETH LEWIS, daughter of James Lewis. (LEWIS name not verified) Born in Caroline County, Virginia and moved to Orange Co., Virginia when he was 10 years old. After marriage, they moved to Wilkes County, North Carolina about 1784. In 1801 he sold his land then removed to Cumberland County, Kentucky (later named Clinton, County in 1837) where he had received a Land Grant for 200 acres of land near the Central Grove churchouse, on Spring Creek of the Wolf River and lived there until his death in 1853.
4. JOHN PIERCE (1789-1854) He was born October 11, 1789 on a farm on Kings Creek, Wilkes County, North Carolina and moved with his parents to Cumberland (Clinton) County, Kentucky about 1801. He moved to Christian County, Kentucky before 1818, south of Hopkinsville near Church Hill and bought a farm located one mile east of Hebron Church on what is now called the James Roy Cayce farm. This begins the family genealogy of the Pierce Family in Christian County which follows; he served as a Sergeant in the War
of 1812, in the 20th Regiment of the U. S. Infantry from March 12,1812 to December 1, 1814. He married SARAH (SALLY) ALLEN, on February 22, 1818, born: January 8, 1799 and died: December 29, 1878, She was born in Alexandria, Virginia, daughter of Henry Allen, Born: September 4, 1773, died: November 6, 1841 and Elizabeth Summers Allen. Born: 1782, Died: 1836 (burried in the Pioneer Graveyard in Hopkinsville, Ky). The Pierce graveyard is located on the James Roy Cayce farm 1.2 miles east of Hebron Methodist
Church and is registered with the State of Kentucky Historical Society.
5. GEORGE ROBIN PIERCE was born January 10, 1836. He married ELVIRA MCCLAREN STEGER on November 18, 1862. He died Aug 19, 1919. The GEORGE ROBIN PIERCE family lived on the JOHN PIERCE homeplace 1.2 miles east of the Hebron Methodist Church, Christian County, Kentucky.
6. CHARLES LUCIAN PIERCE was born July 23, 1878. He married EDNA ASHTON ADAMS on February 11, 1911. He died April 9, 1958.
7. JAMES ADAMS PIERCE was born Dec 7, 1911. He married ELLEN MCCRAE on April 16, 1935. He died on February 20, 1999.
Ancestry 2 (Group V)
1. John Pace of Middlesex County, VA. Born probably ca. 1672. Married probably before 1693. Died 20 January, 1720. Spouse: Elizabeth Newsome, born ca. 1673 and died in Middlesex 30, Dec. 1716
2. Joseph Pace, born ca. 1698 probably in Middlesex Co., VA. Married 18 April 1721. Died after 18 Dec. 1765 in Goochland Co., VA. Spouse: Anne Basford, born ca. 1700
3. Josiah Pace Pierce, born 31 May 1727 in Middlesex Co., VA. Married first wife, Elizabeth Britt ca. 1754. Married second wife, Mrs. Lucinda Stroud ca. 1783 in Mecklenburg, VA. Josiah Pace Pierce died ca. 1804 in Mecklenburg Co., VA. His second wife, Lucinda, died after 1850 in Alexander Co., North Carolina. This is the first generation when Pace became Pierce.
4. Newsom Pierce, born ca. 1755 in Goochland Co., VA and died ca. 1820 in Nottoway County, VA. Spouse is unknown.
5. Martin Pierce, born ? and died Oct. 1838 in Davidson Co., Tennessee. Spouse: Polly
6. Edward Archer Pierce, born about 1825 probably in Tennessee. Married Emily J. Myers (Miers, Myars) on 17 May 1855 in Mississippi County, Missouri. He died ca. 1868 in Mississippi Co., Missouri. He was a physician.
7. Thomas Ulysses Pierce, born 18 Nov. 1859 in Mississippi County, Missouri. Married Frances Elizabeth Ham on Feb. 1, 1883. Thomas died 8 July 1944 in Senath, Dunklin Co., Missouri. Frances was born 1 March 1866 and died 22 July 1933. Both are buried in Cude Cemetary near Senath, Missouri. He was a farmer.
8. Lewis Christopher Pierce, born 25 Dec. 1894 in Dunklin Co., Missouri. He married India Mae Ellis 1 May 1918 in Dunklin Co., Missouri. Lewis Christopher (L. C.) died 27 Feb. 1964 in Leachville, AR. India died 22 Sept. 1984 in Leachville, AR. L. C. Pierce was a farmer and a World War I Veteran. India was an elementary school teacher.
9. Robert Lewis Pierce, born 9 Nov. 1920 in Hornersville, Missouri. First marriage was to Dorothy Annis Robinson, date unknown. Second marriage was to Eloise Bernice Turner on 18 Nov. 1962. Robert died 2 Feb. 2006 in Leachville, AR. Eloise Bernice Pierce died 31 Dec. 2006 in Leachville, AR. Robert was a farmer.
ID 641772 (Group V)
Dna testing links to descendants of George Pace (Christened 1670, Prees, Shropshire, England, died 1738 Shareshill, Staffordshire, England) and his brother, John Pace (Christened 1665, Wrockwardine, Shropshire, England, who is believed to have emigrated to Middlesex, VA, and died there 1720).
So far no Pace-Percy connections have been found, but the timing suggests they would be in England, through George or possibly earlier.
1. Joseph Percy born 7 Jul 1801, variously reported as in New Jersey or England, but a 1902 genealogy book written by a distant relative reports of the Percy's that, "Two brothers, William and Joseph came over (from England) when quite young men." Joseph married Abigail Crane, 1 Dec 1825 in Morris County, NJ, and they lived "near the border land of Morris County", New Jersey. They had five children in New Jersey, then moved to Franklin County, OH in 1835 (because, "the western fever at that date was strangely epidemic"), and had five more. Abigail died 22 Sep 1843 and is buried in Walnut Hill west of Columbus, OH. Joseph remarried Mary (Goff) Adams, 1 Oct 1845, who had two children from a previous marriage, and they had one child in Ohio, then moved to Presumption, Mercer County, IL in 1855. Joseph died 26 Dec 1856, and was buried "3 miles west of Presumption, IL".
2. Charles Percy, fourth child of Joseph and Abigail, was born 17 Oct 1830, in Sussex, NJ, married Catharine Beaty, in Newfoundland, NJ 25 Oct 1850, moved to Hancock County, OH in 1854, then to Kingston Mines, Peoria County, IL and on to Notaway County, MO in 1871. Catharine died 30 Nov 1861, and Charles married Fannie Healey/Healy 21 June 1863 in Peoria County, IL. Charles died 14 Jul 1876 in Notaway, MO.
3. Charles William Percy, third child of Charles and Catharine, was born 2 Sep 1854 in Ohio, and married Caroline Maple in 1878. Charles died in 1921 in Crawford, NE.
4. William Grant Percy, first child of Charles and Caroline, was born 3 Mar 1886, and married Mary Elizabeth Covert in Norfolk, NE 9 Oct 1907. The family moved to Burlington, IA about 1918-19. Wm G died 2 Jan 1939 in Burlington, IA. He was a furniture salesman.
5. Gene Stuart Percy, third child of Wm G and Mary, was born 3 May 1912 in Norfolk, NE, and married Dorothy Barton of Roscoe, IA on 22 June 1935. He got a Chemistry degree from Parsons College, and she taught school in Iowa. They moved briefly to Crawford, Nebraska before moving to the Chicago suburbs in 1940. He started in diesel locomotive engine test at Electro-Motive Division of GM, and over his 35 year career had a number of roles, retiring as a Sales Liaison Engineer. They retired to Sun City, AZ in 1975; he died there in 9 Aug 1980, and she died in Mobile, Al 28 Mar 2005. They both are buried in Aspen Grove Cemetery in Burlington, IA.
ID 915648 (Group V)
1. Joseph Percy born 1801 in England or New Jersey, died 1858 in Illinois (Abigail Crane 1804 -1843)
2. Charles Percy born New Jersey 1830 d 1876 (Fanny Healy 1836-1912)
3. Jerry Clark Percy born Illinois 1864 d 1921 (Ida May Thurman 1866-1934)
4. Edward Ray Percy 1905 - 1990 (Velma Easter Goddard 1910 - 2009)